NEED FOR SPEED
NEW! This Running Program WILL BE available in both In-Person and Online (see Online Training) formats THIS WINTER. Now you can join us for this specialized Program no matter where you are in the world!
Do you want to run faster? Well, who doesn't!? This clinic is for anyone who wants to run faster and further without injury. Are you ready to run your best this year? We are excited to help you reach your goals!
Runners who think that more mileage and longer hours are the only ways to improve end up frustrated or sidelined with injuries. The secret to running faster and further is training smarter not just longer! Including key workouts and making simple changes in technique, and program design will help you reach a new level of performance, resilience and longevity.
In ELM's Need for Speed clinic you will complete weekly running workouts and efficiency drills designed to transform your running performance. Each week, you will also learn the key training principles and techniques to improve your running form, decrease your risk of injury and make you a stronger, faster, more resilient runner. Learn how the science of Kinesiology and biomechanics can help you reach your running goals in this specialized weekly clinic.
- Weekly, coached, group running sessions. Sessions will focus on specific running workouts designed to improve lactate threshold and VO2max using speed and hill work. Workouts will also focos on improving running economy, turn over, mid-foot technique and sense of pace.
- Running Gait Video Analysis complete with personalized technique and exercise prescription.
- Weekly coaching topics and 'homework' to develop your own personalized running plan.
- Field tests for lactate threshold and heart rate zone creation.
- Strength and flexibility exercises designed to improve running technique.
- Running skills and drills to increase efficiency, decrease risk of injury and improve performance.
- ELM Running Clinic Manual.
- Weekly Coaching support to ask questions and get answers along the way!
This 12-WEEK running clinic is divided into two parts.
Part 1: After a long training or racing season it is time to take a step back and develop a plan of attack for the coming year. This is the time of year to focus on technique, muscular imbalances and program design.
Weekly Education Topics include: Fitness Testing, Biomechanics of Running & Mid-Foot Running Technique, Cadence, Barefoot Running, Strength Training For Runners, Muscular Imbalances: Identification and Correction, Heart Rate Training, Exercise Physiology, Training Principles
Part 2: In the second half of this clinic we will continue to focus on techniques for building speed and power. Learn additional training techniques that will allow you to make a breakthrough in your running ability.
Weekly Education Topics include: Periodization: Annual Program Design, Dynamic Strength Training for Runners, Speed Training Techniques, Injury Prevention and Nutrition for Optimum Performance.
Do not miss this opportunity to reach your running PB this year!
- Ability to run 8-10K distance or a minimum of 60 minutes...no speed requirement!
2018/2019 CLINIC DETAILS
Part 1: November 15th-December 20th, 2018 5:30-7:00pm.
Part 2: January 3rd-February 17th 2019 5:30-7:00pm
Members receive 10-15% off of all ELM programs! Sign up for an ELM Membership to start saving today!
Prices listed below increase by 10% seven days before program start dates. Program fees include weekly, coached, training sessions, all coaching resources, e-manuals and more!
Need for Speed- 12 week Session
- Members $165
- Non Members $198
- Online Clinic Format $140
Need for Speed- 6 week session only *includes video analysis
- Members $110
- Non Members $132