get personal with elm
ELM's Personal Trainers are experienced, professional and ready to help you reach your health and fitness goals. Our Personal Training services combine the art of Coaching with the science of Kinesiology to provide our clients with the tools they need to get results over the long term. Personal Training sessions are tailored for each client and may be focused on sport specific or functional training, injury rehabilitation, nutrition planning, mental training, weight management coaching and more. If you have health and fitness goals, we are here to help you reach them!
All new ELM Personal Training clients begin with a Kinesiology Assessment and a minimum of two Training Sessions. After that, it is up to you how frequently you choose to meet your ELM Trainer. Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or seasonal progression sessions are available based on your needs. All Personal Training packages include an Initial Kinesiology Assessment, customized program development, Corrective Exercise prescription, training materials/manuals and Coaching support to help you reach your goals and get the results you are ready to work for.
Personal training packages are available for any budget including 3 session 'Start Up', Long Term or Partner Training packages. Training sessions may take place in the location of your choice: in-home, outdoors or at an accomodating facility. We come to YOU!
HOW elm's PERSONAL TRAINING SERVICES WORK
1. Click Book Now to schedule your Initial Assessment and minimum of 2, weekly Training Sessions.
2. Once you have booked your sessions, please Complete the New Client Information Form to update your goals, health history, schedule, resources and preferences. Should you answer positively to any questions on the health screening questionnaire, we may need to contact your physician to obtain medical clearance prior to beginning your training.
3. Your Initial Assessment takes place with Kinesiologist Sarah Seads at the location of your choice and lasts approximately one hour. During the initial session we will review your health history, set goals, and complete a physical and functional assessment. You may choose to meet at one of our scheduled facility locations (see schedule below) or at the location of your choice – in home (female clients only), outdoors or at another facility (Mobile Training fee applies). Wear comfortable clothes that you can move in.
4. After your Initial Assessment, Sarah will create your Personalized Training Plan including your Corrective Exercise prescription to address imbalances, correct poor posture and improve sub-optimal movement patterns. You will receive a copy of your Training Plan in person at your first training session as well as via email along with supporting materials. You will also receive an online account where you can view your exercises in photo, video and text formats.
5. Start training! During your next two Training Sessions (or more) you will review your new Personalized Training Plan and begin working through your prescribed exercises. All Personalized Training programs begin with 'foundation' Corrective Exercises that will correct imbalances and ensure you have a solid base of support to build upon. Once you have a solid base, you can progress to functional training, heavier loads and more advanced exercise progressions that will help you reach your health and fitness goals.
6. Follow up sessions. After your first two Training Sessions the frequency of your training is up to you. You may choose to meet on a weekly or bi-weekly basis for continued supervision and progressions. Or, you may prefer to work independantly and check in on a monthly, bi-monthly or seasonal basis to advance and progress your Training Plan.
AGREEMENTS AND POLICIES
Sarah Seads Client Coaching Agreement:
As a Coach, I am 100% committed to supporting my clients in any and all ways that I can and will do my very best to assist you in reaching your personal health goals, with all of the tools I have. I will invest my knowledge, skills, energy and passion to support you in reaching your goals in the best way I can. To achieve the best possible outcome for you, I ask for 100% commitment to yourself and the process, in return. Coaching is a partnership that requires an equal investment of energy from both the Coach and Client. As a Coach, I will only agree to work with Clients who are as committed to themselves and process as I am. As a Coach I cannot guarantee results, because it is you, the Client, that must do the work and take the steps required to reach your personal goals. The power for change and success is in the relationship, not in me, the Coach.
I only work with Clients who agree to:
1. Commit 100% to doing the work, both physically and mentally, that is required to achieve the results they seek.
2. Invest as much energy in themselves, as I do, to support themselves in realizing their personal goals.
3. Be responsible for their own results and take the steps required to reach towards their personal goals over the long term.
Thank you for considering signing up to embark on this exciting journey with me and for trusting me to support you in reaching your goals. I am here to support you, guide you, motivate you and keep you accountable so that we can both see you succeed. Let’s get started!
ELM TRAINING POLICIES
Training sessions are one hour in duration unless otherwise indicated and may take place in mode of your choice when applicable- in person, via phone, facetime or skype. All prices are subject to GST and do not include gym fees, dues, memberships or travel expenses outside of location schedule*. Our cancellation policy requires 24 hours notice to allow for rescheduling or full session fee applies.
*Scheduled locations are: CV Sports Centre or track for AM sessions and Comox Rec Centre for PM sessions. Mobile services are always available outside of this schedule for a $25 per session fee. In-home services are only available for female clients.
Kinesiology session fee's include session time, program development time and all supporting training materials, video access and more.
- 3 session Start Up package (including initial assessment): $289
- 6 session Start Up package (including initial asssesment): $525
- 60min Assessments and one time Training/Coaching Sessions: $125
- 90min Assessments and one time Training/Coaching Sessions: $175
- 60 minute Follow Up sessions: $82
- 30 minute Follow Up sessions: $60
- 60 minute Partner Training session: $55pp
- Mobile Training Fee within Comox/Courtenay: $25
Questions? Please contact ELM for more information or to discuss your health and fitness goals today!