THE STUDY OF HUMAN MOVEMENT
Kinesiology is the scientific study of human movement, performance and function. It applies the science of biomechanics, anatomy, physiology, psychology and neuroscience to human movement and function. Kinesiologists are required to complete a minimum four year University degree program to practice in Canada. ELM's Kinesiologists are practicing members of the BC Association of Kinesiology.
Kinesiologists offer a wide range of services including Exercise Therapy and Corrective Exercise, Injury Rehabilitation, Strength and Conditioning, High Performance Coaching, Biomechanical Analysis, Ergonomics and Workplace Design. Find out more about how Kinesiologists serve the public.
Be sure to ask your private health insurance provider if they cover Kinesiology services.
ELM's KINESIOLOGY SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Consultation/Coaching Sessions - Spend a Coaching session working on any area of your health and fitness that you need support with. Nutrition, weight management, program analysis, technique, mental training. One time sessions can take place in person, on the phone or via facetime/skype etc.
- Functional Assessments- Identify faulty movement patterns and muscular imbalances that may be causing pain, limiting athletic performance and impairing activities of daily movement. All new ELM Personal Training clients receive a functional assessment and corrective exercise prescription designed to improve quality of movement and build a solid foundation.
- Corrective Exercise - Corrective Exercise prescription includes specific strength, balance and flexibility exercises to address muscular imbalances and correct faulty movement patterns. Corrective Exercise is a safe and effective 'active therapy' with the goal of restoring optimal function and creating changes that will last over the long term. Exercises must be performed consistently and progressed on a regular basis as adaptations occur, in order to achieve optimal function and lasting change. Clients must be ready to commit to at least 15-30 minutes per day or every other day for a period of 2-3 months in order to create adaptations that will transfer to functional movements in their day to day life.
- Personal Training - Our Personal Training services combine the art of Coaching with the science of Kinesiology to provide our clients with the tools they need to get results over the long term. Sport specific, functional training, nutrition, mental training and weight management coaching for 'every'-body. All Personal Training clients begin with a Kinesiology Assessment and Corrective Exercise Prescription to ensure they are on track to reach their goals over the long term. One on One, Partner Training and long-term packages are available for all budgets.
- Fitness Assessments - Biomechanical Running Analysis, Sport Specific Assessments, Nutrition Assessments and Body Composition Analysis services.
- Online Coaching Services - Training for a specific running, cycling or other fitness adventure? Train Online with Coach Sarah to reach your event specific goals!
- Injury Rehabilitation - Functional Assessments and Exercise Therapy for motor vehicle (ICBC), sports injuries, pre and post-op clients and other sub-acute and chronic conditions. Check with your insurance provider to see if they cover Kinesiology services referred by your physician.
- Workplace Wellness - Ergonomic Assessments, Fitness and Health Assessments, In-House Education and Training sessions and Workplace Wellness Program Design services. Contact ELM for more information.
HOW OUR KINESIOLOGY SERVICES WORK
1. Contact ELM to discuss your goals, find out about availability and book your sessions.
2. Complete the New Client Information Form to update your goals, health history, schedule, resources and preferences. Should you answer positively to any questions on the health screening questionnaire, we may need to contact your physician to obtain medical clearance prior to beginning your training.
3. Your sessions take place at the location of your choice or via phone, facetime or skype. You may choose to meet at one of our scheduled facility locations (see schedule below) or at an alternate location – in home (female clients only), outdoors or at another facility (Mobile Training fee applies). Wear comfortable clothes that you can move in for active sessions.
4. Your Kinesiology sessions include program development time and all supporting resource materials so that you can dig deeper, stay on track and ensure that you are taking the right steps to reach your goals. Materials will be sent via email following your session as needed.
COACHING AGREEMENT AND POLICIES
Sarah Seads Client Coaching Agreement:
As a Coach, I am 100% committed to supporting my clients in any and all ways that I can and will do my very best to assist you in reaching your personal health goals, with all of the tools I have. I will invest my knowledge, skills, energy and passion to support you in reaching your goals in the best way I can. To achieve the best possible outcome for you, I ask for 100% commitment to yourself and the process, in return. Coaching is a partnership that requires an equal investment of energy from both the Coach and Client. As a Coach, I will only agree to work with Clients who are as committed to themselves and process as I am. As a Coach I cannot guarantee results, because it is you, the Client, that must do the work and take the steps required to reach your personal goals. The power for change and success is in the relationship, not in me, the Coach.
I only work with Clients who agree to:
1. Commit 100% to doing the work, both physically and mentally, that is required to achieve the results they seek.
2. Invest as much energy in themselves, as I do, to support themselves in realizing their personal goals.
3. Be responsible for their own results and take the steps required to reach towards their personal goals over the long term.
Thank you for considering signing up to embark on this exciting journey with me and for trusting me to support you in reaching your goals. I am here to support you, guide you, motivate you and keep you accountable so that we can both see you succeed. Let’s get started!
ELM TRAINING POLICIES
Training sessions are one hour in duration unless otherwise indicated and may take place in mode of your choice when applicable- in person, via phone, facetime or skype. All prices are subject to GST and do not include gym fees, dues, memberships or travel expenses outside of location schedule*. Our cancellation policy requires 24 hours notice to allow for rescheduling or full session fee applies.
*Scheduled locations are: CV Sports Centre or track for AM sessions and Comox Rec Centre for PM sessions. Mobile services are always available outside of this schedule for a $25 per session fee. In-home services are only available for female clients.
Kinesiology session fee's include session time, program development time and all supporting training materials, video access and more.
- 3 session Start Up package (including initial assessment): $289
- 6 session Start Up package (including initial asssesment): $525
- 60min Assessments and one time Training/Coaching Sessions: $125
- 90min Assessments and one time Training/Coaching Sessions: $175
- 60 minute Follow Up sessions: $82
- 30 minute Follow Up sessions: $60
- 60 minute Partner Training session: $55pp
- Mobile Training Fee within Comox/Courtenay: $25
Questions? Please contact ELM for more information or to discuss your health and fitness goals!