NEED FOR SPEED
Are you LOOKING for a PB this year?
NEW! This Running Program is now available in both In-Person (see below) and Online Clinic (see Online Training) formats. Now you can join us for this specialized Program no matter where you are in the world!
Runners who think that more mileage and longer hours are the only ways to improve end up frustrated or sidelined with injuries. The secret to running faster and further is training smarter not just longer! Including key workouts and making simple changes in technique, and program design will help you reach a new level of performance, resilience and longevity.
In ELM's Need for Speed clinic you will complete weekly running workouts and efficiency drills designed to transform your running performance. Each week, you will also learn the key training principles and techniques to improve your running form, decrease your risk of injury and make you a stronger, faster, more resilient runner. Learn how the science of Kinesiology and biomechanics can help you reach your running goals in this specialized weekly clinic.
- Weekly, coached, group running sessions. Sessions will focus on specific running workouts designed to improve lactate threshold and VO2max using speed and hill work. Workouts will also focos on improving running economy, turn over, mid-foot technique and sense of pace.
- Running Gait Video Analysis complete with personalized technique and exercise prescription. First Saturday of the first session.
- Weekly coaching topics and 'homework' to develop your own personalized running plan.
- Field tests for lactate threshold and heart rate zone creation.
- Strength and flexibility exercises designed to improve running technique.
- Running skills and drills to increase efficiency, decrease risk of injury and improve performance.
- ELM Running Clinic Manual.
- Weekly Coaching support to ask questions and get answers along the way!
This 12-WEEK running clinic is divided into two sessions.
Session 1: After a long training or racing season it is time to take a step back and develop a plan of attack for the coming year. This is the time of year to focus on technique, muscular imbalances and program design.
Weekly Education Topics include: Fitness Testing, Biomechanics of Running & Mid-Foot Running Technique, Cadence, Barefoot Running, Strength Training For Runners, Muscular Imbalances: Identification and Correction, Heart Rate Training, Exercise Physiology, Training Principles
Session 2: In the second half of this clinic we will continue to focus on techniques for building speed and power. Learn additional training techniques that will allow you to make a breakthrough in your running ability.
Weekly Education Topics include: Periodization: Annual Program Design, Dynamic Strength Training for Runners, Speed Training Techniques, Injury Prevention and Nutrition for Optimum Performance.
Do not miss this opportunity to reach your running PB this year!
- Ability to run 8-10K distance or a minimum of 60 minutes...no speed requirement!
- Session 1: November 3-December 15th, 2016 5:30-7:00pm. Video analysis session, Saturday, Nov 5th 9-10am. *No class Nov 24th
- Break from Dec 15-Dec 29
- Session 2: January 4th-February 9th 5:30-7:00pm
Members receive 10-15% off of all ELM programs! Sign up for an ELM Membership to start saving today!
Prices listed below increase by 10% seven days before program start dates. Program fees include weekly, coached, training sessions, all coaching resources, e-manuals and more!
Need for Speed- 12 week Session
- Members $150
- Non Members $180
- Online Clinic Format $100
Need for Speed- 6 week session only *includes video analysis
- Members $100
- Non Members $120